This guide can help you locate a good, affordable engineering degree training program or individual class.
The field of engineering is wide and there are many different types of engineers. You can find out more about these different engineering careers and enroll in the right class or degree program to get started. Most engineering programs can be difficult to get accepted into and are not easy to complete either. But finding which area of engineering is right for you can really help.
Some of the most common types of engineer careers are in the following specialties:
Bioengineering and Biomedical
Metallurgy and Materials
Mining and Mineral
There are numerous sub-categories of engineering, however, most can be classified into one of four main branches — chemical, civil, electrical or mechanical engineering. Not all schools can offer all specialties, so if you know already which area you are interested in working, choose your school carefully.
If you don’t know where you want to specialize yet, that’s okay because most students can start out by selecting one of the four main branches and getting started before they pick a concentration later in their junior or senior years.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- BS in Aeronautics
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master Of Science in Systems Engineering