This guide can help you locate a good, affordable engineering degree training program or individual class.
The field of engineering is wide and there are many different types of engineers. You can find out more about these different engineering careers and enroll in the right class or degree program to get started. Most engineering programs can be difficult to get accepted into and are not easy to complete either. But finding which area of engineering is right for you can really help.
Some of the most common types of engineer careers are in the following specialties:
Bioengineering and Biomedical
Metallurgy and Materials
Mining and Mineral
There are numerous sub-categories of engineering, however, most can be classified into one of four main branches — chemical, civil, electrical or mechanical engineering. Not all schools can offer all specialties, so if you know already which area you are interested in working, choose your school carefully.
If you don’t know where you want to specialize yet, that’s okay because most students can start out by selecting one of the four main branches and getting started before they pick a concentration later in their junior or senior years.
- AS - Electrical Engineering Technology
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- Diploma in Electronic Technology
At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re serious about preparing you for career success. By completing one of our Automotive, Computer, Healthcare, or Trades programs, you’ll enjoy five advantages during your job search:
1. You gain knowledge and skills employers want you to know.
2. You learn from instructors who’ve worked in the field.
3. You learn by doing through hands-on instruction.
4. You develop personal skills and habits to become more employable.
5. You enhance your job interview skills and résumé.
- Electrician: Industrial, Commercial, Residential
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Electrical Technician
- Oil and Gas Process Technology
- Oil and Gas Instrumentation Technician
- Associate of Occupational Studies in Oil and Gas Process Technology
- And more...
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
A degree from CTU can connect you to a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. So once you earn your degree, you hit the ground sprinting. That’s the power of in. Are you in?
- Colorado Springs - Master of Science - Electrical Engineering
- Colorado Springs - Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
- Colorado Springs - Master of Science - Systems Engineering
- And more...
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
- Mechanical Engineering Technology - Associate's (META)
- Mechatronics - Associate's
- Electronics Engineering Technology - Bachelor
Miami-Jacobs Career College (MJCC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
Miami-Jacobs Career College (MJCC) will help you choose your ideal career before you get started and assist with real-world employment after you’re done with school. We have a wide range of resources to help you every step of the way.
- Automotive Technology - Associate of Applied Science
- Automotive Technology - Diploma
- Bachelor of Science in Advanced Manufacturing Technology