This guide can help you locate a good, affordable engineering degree training program or individual class.
The field of engineering is wide and there are many different types of engineers. You can find out more about these different engineering careers and enroll in the right class or degree program to get started. Most engineering programs can be difficult to get accepted into and are not easy to complete either. But finding which area of engineering is right for you can really help.
Some of the most common types of engineer careers are in the following specialties:
Bioengineering and Biomedical
Metallurgy and Materials
Mining and Mineral
There are numerous sub-categories of engineering, however, most can be classified into one of four main branches — chemical, civil, electrical or mechanical engineering. Not all schools can offer all specialties, so if you know already which area you are interested in working, choose your school carefully.
If you don’t know where you want to specialize yet, that’s okay because most students can start out by selecting one of the four main branches and getting started before they pick a concentration later in their junior or senior years.
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Mechanical Engineering Technology - Associate's
- Mechanical Engineering Technology - Bachelor's
- Mechatronics - Associate's
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master Of Science in Systems Engineering
Grantham University's 100% accredited online degrees are convenient, portable and designed so you can fit education into your life instead of arranging life around your education.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Management Technology
- Associate of Arts in Engineering Management Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering Technology